Sunday, November 9, 2008

24 years

Today was our 24th wedding anniversary. And how did we celebrate this momentous occasion? By washing the ceilings and walls of 2 bedrooms (in preparation to paint). DH made Malt-o-meal for breakfast, we had frozen pizza for lunch and I made beef stew in the crock pot for dinner. No romance, candelight, merlot or restaurants for us! Best part of today was DH singing Happy Anniversary to us... and not having to wear a bra!

Bad news; one of the rooms we washed is our guest room, where I've also been stashing my yarn and fabric purchases, of which, even I have to admit, have gotten out of hand. It doesn't seem like so much a purchase here, a purchase there... but once it's all together in one spot, AND you have to move it to clean and paint, phew boy! DH is a bit ticked, and I just don't answer his b*tching. I'm not ignoring, just don't have a good answer to "what are you going to do with all this stuff?". The answer of knit or sew it doesn't seem to go over too well. Got a lot of "If you started right now you'd never finish before you die" comments, which is an exaggeration. Hey, but it's recession proof -- if we can't afford more yarn and fabric I'm set for (quite) a while!

No comments: